From Learn to Skate to the more advanced skaters, The Codiac Cyclones needs coaches who want to lend a hand in this exciting and fulfilling sport.
Coaches are volunteers who can introduce beginners to the sport of speed skating and guide them as they improve their techniques and develop skills necessary to compete.
Coaches organize on ice and dry land activities as to provide the programs and instruction so that skaters can improve their techniques in a safe and supportive environment.
Fell like coaching? Speak to either one of our coaches or a member of the Codiac Cyclones club executive. They can provide advice on the coaching needs we have and opportunities for all to. If you are interested in taking a course please contact us to find out more about the different courses available.
Coach Website Resources:
- Speed Skating Canada (http://www.speedskating.ca/resources-0)
- Sport Information Resource Centre (www.sirc.ca)
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (http://www.cces.ca/en/home)
- Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (http://www.caaws.ca/)
- Coaches Association of New Brunswick (http://coachnb.com)
- Coaching Association of Canada (http://www.coach.ca/)