If your child has basic skating skills (Has either completed a learn to skate program or is capable of cross overs, stoping, turning, etc…) and is now looking to discover a fun and exciting sport in an safe and friendly environment look no further.
The Codiac Cyclones Fundamentals Speed Skating program has been offered in Dieppe, Moncton and Riverview for over 42 years.
With weekly skating practices offered at the AJL arena Olympic ice surface in Dieppe, (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:45pm to 6:55pm) children will have fun and progress in this introductory level of speed skating program offered by certified speed skating instructors.
During this stage, children have fun in learning to move more efficiently and acquire basic short track speed skating skills in a welcoming and safe environment.
Give it a FREE TRY !
For those new to the sport, the Codiac Cyclones offers the opportunity for children to try three (3) FREE introductory on-ice “Speed Skating” sessions!
Simply contact us by (clicking here) to let us know when you would like to attend so that we can get skates ready for you.
Weekly skating scheduled practices are offered each Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45pm until 6:55pm (AJL Arena) on the Olympic ice surface.
Participants are normally of elementary school ages and will participate in a variety of well-structured club based activities that focuses on fun and learning.
Programs make use of the entire Olympic ice surface at the AJL arena in Dieppe.
When is a child ready for this level?
- Skaters should be actively engaged in skating based activities for most of the time they are on the ice, (No standing around)
- Programs focuses on development of skating skills and basic speed skating technique,
- Games and fun races will be used to develop and reinforce speed and skill. Hand and foot speed are developed especially well by the children during this stage,
- Activities challenge skaters and develop agility, balance, coordination as well as speed,
- Ice time is used for warm-ups to reinforce the development of physical literacy and fundamental movement skills.
Contact the Codiac Cyclones Speed Skating Club (Dieppe, Moncton & Riverview) today for a free “new member” on-ice trial sessions! Click Here
These are the fees for club member. Additional members in the same family receive a discount. This list does not include the Learn to Skate program. (See LTS Section for details)
- Speed Skating Fundamentals (Full Season) : $785 – (Register Now)
- Speed Skating Fundamentals (Half Season) : $495 – (Register Now)
- Speed Skating Fundamentals (Once per Week) : $495 – (Register Now)
PDF – Speed Skating Parent’s Guide – Read More: (Click Here)